Professor - Mueunjae Chair Professor
Dept. Computer Science and Engineering
(Adjunct professor in the Dept. Mathematics)
Pohang University of Science and Technology (POSTECH)
Building 2, Room 231
77 Cheongam-Ro, Nam-Gu, Pohang
Gyeongbuk, Republic of Korea, ZIP: 37673
'firstname without email@example.com
+82 54 279 2387 +82 54 279 2299
- point locations
- geodesic convex hulls
- Voronoi diagrams in dynamic polygonal environments
- shape matching and shape approximation
- fast algorithms for nearest neighbor search in high dimensions
Selected Publications ( full list )
- A New Balanced Subdivision of a Simple Polygon for Time-Space Trade-off Algorithms.
- Voronoi Diagrams for a Moderate-Sized Point-Set in a Simple Polygon.
Discrete & Computational Geometry, 2019.
- Point Location in Dynamic Planar Subdivisions.
34th International Symposium on Computational Geometry (SoCG 2018)
- A linear-time algorithm for the geodesic center of a simple polygon.
Discrete & Computational Geometry 56(4), pages 836-859, 2016. (on invitation, SoCG 2015)
- Reachability by paths of bounded curvature in a convex polygon.
Computational Geometry: Theory and Applications, 45(1-2), pages 21-32, 2012.
- The Minimum Convex Container of Two Convex Polytopes under Translations.
Computational Geometry: Theory and Applications, 77, pages 40-50, 2019. (on invitation, CCCG 2014)
- Overlap of Convex Polytopes under Rigid Motion.
Computational Geometry: Theory and Applications 47(1), pages 15-24, 2014.
- A Generalization of the Convex Kakeya Problem.
Algorithmica 70(2), pages 152-170, 2014. (on invitation, LATIN 2012)
- Maximizing the Overlap of Two Planar Convex Sets under Rigid Motions.
Computational Geometry: Theory and Applications 37, pages 3-15, 2007. (on invitation, ACM SoCG 2005)
- Product Quantized Translation for Fast Nearest Neighbor Search.
32nd AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-18)
- Approximate Range Queries for Clustering.
34th International Symposium on Computational Geometry (SoCG 2018), pages 62:1-62:14, 2018.
- An Improved Data Stream Algorithm for Clustering.
Computational Geometry: Theory and Applications 48(9), pages 635-645, 2015.
- A Fast Nearest Neighbor Search Algorithm by Nonlinear Embedding.
25th IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR 2012)
- Convergent Bounds on the Euclidean Distance.
In Proc. 25th Annual Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS 2011)
- MSSQ: Manhattan Spatial Skyline Queries.
Information Systems 40, pages 67-83, 2014.
- Spatial Skyline Queries: Exact and Approximation Algorithms.
GeoInformatica, 15(4), pages 665-697, 2011. (on invitation, SSTD 2009 Best Paper)
- Casting an Object with a Core.
Algorithmica 54(1), pages 72-88, 2009.
- Casting with Skewed Ejection Direction.
Algorithmica 44(4), pages 325-342, 2006.
- Separating an Object from its Cast.
Computer-Aided Design (CAD) 34(8), pages 547-559, 2002.
Advanced Algorithms (CSED536)
Discrete and Computational Geometry (CSED508/MATH570)
POSTECHIAN Essay (pdf) /
매일경제 인터뷰 / SSTD2009 Best paper / Algorithmic Audio-Visual Art / 금요일에 과학터치 / 과학동아
The Church tree / Mathematics Genealogy
Facebook page of CSE, POSTECH
Fall Workshop on Algorithms and Computation 2018 / 2016